HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS & WELCOME….. October!! 🎃 🍁🍁🍁 🎃 I have been waiting for you, and the start of this season… ALL. YEAR. And now you’re here and I have my awesome fall-scented candles burning (Yankee Candle’s Autumn Leaves & also Witches Brew), and the temperature has dropped (not cool yet, but dryer air, and now in the 70’s and I’m so happy with that). COME ON SWEATER WEATHER!! By the way, I still LOVE that song so hard. It gives me goosebumps.
Today’s NEWSLETTER sponsor!! IN THE MOOD FOR A SLOW BURN, AGE GAP, SINGLE FATHER, BIKER BOOK? ➔ ➔ ➔ Biker Book Fans, Look! Five Fun Facts about V.R. Paille’s “Edge: Brethren of the Lost Book 1” + a signed book giveaway!
Today’s “Blast From Our Book Past” highlights – OMG SO MANY AMAZING ONES!!!!:
- 1 year ago, today, we wanted a very specific kind of age gap. 😉 Reader Recommendations – Age Gap Romance Books where the older Hero knew the heroine when she was a child…
- 2 years ago yesterday, this book was all the buzz (and there was one part that made my jaw drop and almost made me put it down for good!!) Book Review – No Tomorrow by Carian Cole
- 3 years ago yesterday, my book twin hooked me onto this one and it took me SO out of my comfort zone, and I highlighted the whole book. RED FLAG RUN!!!!! Book Review – Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios
- 4 years ago yesterday, this comedy sports romance had me HOOKED and all I wanted was more! WE ALL wanted more! Book Review – The Goal by Elle Kennedy
- 4 years ago today, we wanted more like THIS angsty, marital-abusively scary book that had so much growth. What to Read After “It Ends With Us”
- 7 years ago today, these were my summer favorites! My Top Five Summer Reads – 2013
- 7 years ago, I (and so many of us) LOVED this forbiddeny first book by T.M. Frazier!! Book Review – The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier
- 8 years ago… we lost our minds over this book. And we’ll never forget that last line. *goosebumps* Here’s my 5-STAR Book Review – The Sea Of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Nichole: Loved this book! Read it several times!!
Katie: This one of my ultimate favorite books. I hope to find the first cover one day. Ultimate wish!!
Cindy: I just reread this last week! The last line of the book gets me every time!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
Cybill: Spell breaker!
Tasha J: I grabbed 2 😃 Amazon Firsts this month, The Haunting of Brynn Wilder and Girls of Brackenhill. So perfectly spooky sounding. And I loved some of the reviews for each from authors who’s books I’ve read and loved.
Maryse: WE GOT THE SAME ONES!!!!!! 😀 Book twins! Shocking. 😉
Rae: Loved these two books Maryse.
- Chances Are by LaVerne Thompson <— LIVE!! SHE JUST GOT FIRED!! “...Kayla’s world is turned upside down: first she’s fired from the bank she’s worked at for fifteen years. Then on the same day rehired by the new bank president, a man she’s got the hots for, but he’s her boss and he’s got the hots for her too. Until he finds out his bank’s been robbed and Kayla’s somehow involved...”
- A Truth In Ruby (Onyx Trilogy Book 2) by Jessica Florence <— LIVE!! FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!! Must be read in order.
- Short Stack by Lily Morton <— LIVE!! “…this is a collection of Lily’s short stories about the much-loved men from her Mixed Messages and Finding Home series. Follow them through awkward marriage proposals, birthdays, a fraught babysitting job, and a very drunken Eurovision Song Contest party…”
- Roommaid: A Novel by Sariah Wilson <— LIVE!! COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT! THIS WAS MY AMAZON FIRST READS CHOICE LAST MONTH!!
Tasha J: I went with Roommaid. Sounds fun.
Maryse: got the Roommaid too!!! 😀
D.G.: I went with Roommaid as well! It sounds like a fun read.
Nancy: …He had met Tiffany Lewis once and had hopedhoped to never have to cross paths with that hellion again. Imagine his shock & amazement when he ran into her, and in fact that she had a complete personality replacement.
Leddy Harper has a way of writing that keeps you interested in the story. This is a slow-burn romance, but with plenty of drama, too. It has a few twist & turns you won’t see coming. I enjoyed reading and uncovering all the secrets.
- Hometown Fences by <— DISTRUBING NARRATIVE ALERT!! Enraida recommends this as a “What to Read After Sea of Tranquility”
Enraida: Maryse, you should try reading “Hometown Fences”, similar set to the The Sea of Tranquility but with a disturbing narrative.
- Inevitable : Enemies to Lovers Mafia Romance (King Crime Family Book 2) by C. Hallman and J.L. Beck <— LIVE MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT! “...The blood of my enemy runs through her veins, and no matter how much she wants to save me, she never will. Betrayal, lies, and hate. The monster inside of me has been set free..”
- The Guardian (Aces Book 4) by Cristin Harber
- Look With Your Heart: a small town romance (Heart Collection Book 3) by L.B. Dunbar <— LIVE!!! ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS ALERT! “...Ella Vincent gave up her career without a choice. As a former model, the gruesome scars on her once lovely face won’t sell beauty products. Finding refuge in a secluded home in the woods near Elk Lake City seemed like a good idea until her brother hires someone to look after her. Her new employee is more than handsome in the face; he’s a thorn in her side...”
- Pirate (Ruthless Kings MC Book 6) by K.L. Savage <— LIVE!!
- The Warrior God: A Fated Mates Fantasy Romance (The Ares Trials Book 1) by Eliza Raine <— LIVE!!
- Always Mine (Coming Home To The Grove Book 1) by Hope Ford <— LIVE!!
- Famine (The Four Horsemen Book 3) by Laura Thalassa <— LIVE!!! LAURA THALASSA’S LATEST!! HE LEAVES HER FOR DEAD… “…Ana da Silva always assumed she’d die young, she just never expected it to be at the hands of Famine, the haunting immortal who once spared her life so many years ago. But if the horseman remembers her at all, he must not care, for when she comes face to face with him for the second time in her life, she’s stabbed and left for dead. Only, she doesn’t quite die…”
- Defying Gravity: Shattered Cove Series Book 3 by A.M. Kusi <— LIVE!!
- Virgin Seeks Bad Boy (Bliss River Book 3) by Lili Valente <— LIVE!!
- Her Alien Captor: A Sci-Fi Alien Romance (Alien Pirates Of Cania Book 1) by Zara Zenia and Juno Wells <— LIVE!!
- The Endgame Is You (Rixon Raiders Book 4) by L A Cotton <— EPILOGUE!!! “*The Endgame Is You is a Rixon Raiders Epilogue. It must be read after the other books in the series.”
- Rebel Wayfarers MC Boxset by MariaLisa DeMora <— BIKER BOOKS AND FIONA LOVE THIS AUTHOR!
I came across these series of MC books by the author for a bit of weekend reading and its like OMG, its MariaLisa de Mora; she is such a great writer and her MC books are great. …her MC books are gritty, raw with great stories that are intertwined throughout this series; would really recommend them and I do love my MC books!
- Cruel Paradise (Beautifully Cruel Book 2) by J.T. Geissinger <— LIVE!!! J.T. GEISSINGER ALERT!! She’s his enemy’s daughter! “…I’m king of Boston, lord of criminals, ruler of an underworld empire. Or am I? Only one thing’s for sure: I operate alone. Until I cross paths with a brazen little thief who sets my whole kingdom on fire. Just as two wrongs don’t make a right, two villains don’t belong together. Especially since she’s the daughter of my most deadly enemy…”
- Strong-Willed Cowboy (The Buckskin Brotherhood Book 5) by Vicki Lewis Thompson
- Peasants and Kings by Emma Slate
- Pretty Little Savage: A Dark Enemies to Lovers College Romance (Sick Boys Book 1) by Lucy Smoke <— LIVE!! BULLY BOOK ALERT!! “…They rule Eastpoint University just as their families have for decades. But their power doesn’t stop there. The three of them are heirs to some of the largest fortunes in the world, and behind that kind of wealth lies an underworld of corruption. On the surface, they’re perfect princes and he is their King. But underneath it all, they’re filled with blood, lies, and secrets. With all of their connections, they have the power to crush anyone who gets in their way…“
- Orientation (Benchmarks) by Kate Canterbary <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! HE’S IN LOVE WITH HIS SCIENCE TEACHER!! “…Fall in fresh, lusty love with Jory Hayzer, the hot new science teacher the minute I see him and his sexy Superman hair. Get the hot science teacher on my trivia team. Couples who play together stay together. Spend an entire school year wooing the very hot but also very skittish science teacher. Fall in hard, crazy love with him in the process. Freak out, screw it all up, and hope to hell there’s a way to make it right…”
- NANCY HAS FOUND US SOME DEALS!!! And many of these were already on her wish list at full price!
ON THE WAY TO YOU: A Road Trip Romance by Kandi Steiner <— Super-bargain!! “…We shared the same space, the same car, the same hotel room — and still, we were strangers. One day we’d be laughing, the next, we wouldn’t speak. Emery was surrounded by impenetrable walls, but I wanted in. Discovering his journal changed everything...”
Fearless by Fern Michaels <— Super-bargain! WIDOWED MOM MEETS DIVORCED SINGLE DAD & things go well until… “...the idyllic relationships Anna is hoping for is quickly thrown into doubt. Ryan and his children may not be all she thinks they are. And as the situation grows more desperate, Anna must reach deep within and draw on all her courage and self-reliance to fight for the family and home she deserves…”
Mona: I really need to try this!
Maryse: I love it! I got a great deal on it when I first signed up for a year (and all of the included audiobook credits that came with it), and I used my credits on some super-expensive audiobooks that I wanted so badly (and it came out SO much cheaper that way for me).
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- The Meaning of Mariah Carey by Mariah Carey <— I LOVE AUTOBIOGRAPHIES and this one just went LIVE. Reviewers are saying the audiobook is incredible (and she narrates it herself). I’m SO curious!!!! “…This book is composed of my memories, my mishaps, my struggles, my survival and my songs. Unfiltered. I went deep into my childhood and gave the scared little girl inside of me a big voice. I let the abandoned and ambitious adolescent have her say, and the betrayed and triumphant woman I became tell her side...”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).