HAPPY FRIDAY!! So many new releases on today’s list, it’s crazy (like that forbiddeny one to the left)!! Plus reader recommendations (and some amazing feedback on recent releases too). 😀 Keep checking back ’cause I’ll be adding more throughout the day.
ALSO: Make sure to check out today’s newsletter sponsor ➔ Lily Foster – Blackbird Series Reading Order + Fun Facts about the series & a giveaway! <— 😮😋 3 standalones and all three sound right up our alley!!! ➔➔➔➔➔➔
Today’s “Blast From Our Book Past” highlights:
Kelsey: So good!! 🥰
Carrie: Zarek & Astrid are faves! I hurt for him so much & just want to hug him. Really, if there was a book world I could spend some time in, it would be this one. And I would pretty much just go around hugging everyone. I’d have to get Simi to help me keep them still for the hugs… LOL
Kelsey: Awww I love the Dark Hunters!! That is a blast from the past 🥰
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- My Darling Arrow by Saffron A. Kent <— Saffron A Kent’s LATEST IS LIVE!!! OOOOOH FORBIDDENY!! He’s her sister’s boyfriend!! “…The worst part is that you, Arrow Carlisle, are not only the principal’s hot son. You also happen to be the love of my sister’s life. And I really shouldn’t be thinking about my sister’s boyfriend, or rather fiancé (I overheard a conversation about the ring that I shouldn’t have). Now if I can only stop writing you these meaningless letters that I’ll never send and you’ll never read…”
Shelly: This was such an intense and angsty read. Loved it.
- Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps Book 1) by Teagan Hunter <— SHE KINDA HATES HER NEIGHBOR! LOL!! “…Dean Evans is the worst. Not only does the devil in disguise steal my pie on a regular basis, he also lives in the apartment right. Next. Door. I see him all the time. At the mailboxes. In the elevator. Every single morning. It’s exhausting because he’s exhausting. Now, after setting his apartment on fire, he’s my roommate…and he’s the worst at that too…”
- Marrying Winterborne: The Ravenels, Book 2 by Lisa Kleypas <— MUCH-LOVED HISTORICAL ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
Jan: Marrying Winterborne. (Winterborne is a pioneering department store owner in London, like Mr Selfridge from TV, and it’s a lovely HR read).
Anne: Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas was amazing! I loved Rhys! And the bonus chapter from Winter in Spring gave me all the feels! Sebastian is still hot after 30 years.
bev: Marrying Winterborne, yes I read the 2nd before the 1st, I love Kleypas worlds.
Michele G: I read Don’t Look for Me by Wendy Walker already and it was a definite winner in the psych thriller category! It really had some fun surprise twists.
Michele G: I also read My Fallen Saint by J. Kenner and wowza!! Such a good read too…which made me happy! I loved the characters and the storyline.
Cindy: I started this yesterday and it kept me up way past my bedtime. It’s so good!!! I can’t wait to keep going.
It’s also a KU, so even better.
Rebecca: I’m reading it now and loving it!!
Julie O: PLAYING WITH FIRE WONT LEAVE ME ALONE. I walk around my house with my kindle clutched in my hand. Just another good Shen book. Halfway thru and decided that housework can go to hell. It will always be there but a good book doesn’t come around every day.
Tasha J: Playing With Fire is jolting me HUGE and I’m buying it!!
- Behind The Scenes by Christina C. Jones <— LIVE!! BEYOND FIRST IMPRESSIONS… “…If there’s any one thing Pierre and Logan have in common, it’s their ability to invite snap judgements based on shallow views of who they are. Logan is the privileged only daughter of a respected family whose legacy runs long and deep. Pierre is the moody, orphaned son of big screen royalty who couldn’t possibly live up to the prestige of his pedigree. Or maybe not. Perhaps they’re just two people trying to navigate the pressures of a world hellbent on telling them what they should be, and eschewing the limits of other people’s expectations...”
- True Story (The Deverells Book 1) by Jayne Fresina <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!! JAN is enjoying it!
Jan: I am enjoying read a new-to-me historical romance author called Jayne Fresina. Recommended by some Good Reads friends. I’m up to the third book in the Deverell series.
Quirky, interesting and different from the usual “dukes” type of thing. The first one is True Story.
I never thought I’d say this, but I’m a bit over dukes. LOL. I mean, come on, how many hot, hunky young dukes can there really be in historical romancelandia? There has to be a limit……..
- Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away Book 3) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST IS LIVE!! SHE WINS HER HOCKEY STAR BEST FRIEND IN THE AUCTION!! “…We’re both devoutly single — it’s just safer for the heart that way. But there’s no reason not to bid on the gorgeous, clever athlete at the charity auction this weekend. If I win, it’ll be a “friendsdate.” And I do win…”
- The Things We Don’t Say by Neva Bell
- Savage Lover: A Dark Mafia Romance (Brutal Birthright Book 3) by Sophie Lark
- Tiger Mom (Killer Moms Book 4) by Eve Langlais
- Under Your Spell: A Fantasy Romance Bundle by Megan Hart <— MEGAN HART BOOK BUNDLE ALERT! “Magic, fantasy and more tantalize and cast their spell in this bundle of sexy fantasy romance stories.:
- The People We Meet Along The Way by Beth Rinyu <— LIVE!! FEELING GUILT AFTER THE DEATH OF HER HUSBAND… “…Jillian O’Rourke’s marriage died long before her husband’s tragic accident. Years of battling with infertility and demanding careers melted their once solid relationship. Bearing the burden of guilt over his death, Jillian gets lost in despair and a series of “what-ifs”. But one chance encounter with a stranger, changes everything. Now being faced with newfound knowledge and a painful decision…”
- Sicko by Amo Jones <— SUPER-DARK READ BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Chelli LOVED IT!
Chelli: I couldn’t not ask if you’ve read Sicko by Amo Jones? . This is an MC book which I’m recently all about. Its got all the gritty you love in MC but It’s dark, so dark which you expect from Amo Jones.
The love has an air of forbidden but you can’t help but want it to happen so bad and the ending…BOOM! So much unpacked.
Ashley: I read this! It’s really good!
- Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah Book 2) by Aimee Nicole Walker <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…When the two reporters are forced to work together, Felix will get a chance to ask him. The answer will stun Felix until he remembers not to believe anything that comes out of the heartbreaker’s pretty mouth. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin and just as conflicting as the battle of wills that ensues. Will the chip on Felix’s shoulder save him from trusting Mr. Wrong or ruin his chances with Mr. Perfect?…”
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).