And here are some of mine:
Today’s “Blast From Our Book Past” highlights:
Make sure to check out today’s newsletter sponsor ➔ Five Fun Facts about Melanie Moreland’s “Revved to the Max” + a signed book giveaway!
Brand new romantic comedy from NYT Bestselling author Melanie Moreland. This small-town is about to see fireworks when feisty Charly starts to organize more than Maxx’s life.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Until the Last Breath by Shanora Williams <— LIVE AND OMG BLURB JOLT EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!! She’s happily married, and the one that broke her heart comes back… but there’s a twist! “…with my health hanging in the balance, I often wonder what his future entails, because I know there is a possibility that he’ll have to live without me. John, my husband, is the love of my life, and I have never questioned our love…that is until my past comes knocking at the door. Every girl has that one guy–the one whom she can’t seem to forget or completely let go of, no matter how toxic the relationship was, or how bad it ended. Well, this story is a little different. This is the story of how Maximilian Grant went from being my toxic first love, to the man who ultimately saves my life… and, trust me, this will not play out the way you think it will…”
Rachel: Just downloaded! Can’t wait
Maryse: It sounds incredible, doesn’t it?
Olivia: It is an amazing read that will put you through the ringer and make you think.
Joy: Just finished TJ Klune’s Tales From Verania series! OMG, I LOVED EVERY BIT OF THIS SERIES! It’s M/M and the cast of characters are BFF’s and were absolutely hilarious.
There’s Sam, the wizard apprentice with a destiny of uniting the Dragons of Verania to help him defeat a dark villain. Knight Delicious Face, the commander of the royal army and Sam’s cornerstone/soulmate. Kevin the Dragon is the Beast from the East, whose favorite statement is, “Once you go Dragon, all the rest is laggin”! Kevin’s soulmate is a narcissistic Unicorn, named Gary (they refer to sex as a visit to Gary’s bakery, lol) and the adorable, loving, half-giant, named Tiggy!
There’s so much familial love and adoration between Sam and his loved ones that I laughed & smiled through all four books!
- Tempted by Love: Jack “Jock” Steele (The Steeles at Silver Island Book 1) by Melissa Foster <— SINGLE MOM ALERT!! “… an emotionally riveting story about a man who has lost it all and carries a torturous secret, a divorced single mother who has everything to lose, and the little girl who helps them heal. Fall in love on the sandy shores of Silver Island, home to coffee shops, boat races, midnight rendezvous, and the sexy, sharp-witted Steeles. ..”
- The Biker and the Loner (Oil and Water Series Book 3) by S. Ann Cole <—S. ANN COLE ALERT!! “…five years later, he’s back. Mangled, but alive. And it’s all my fault. He has my secret. He has my card. And he’s determined to finish what we started…”
- The Italian Marriage by N.J. Adel <— ARRANGED MAFIA MARRIAGE ALERT! DALIA went crazy for book #1, and loves this new one, too!
Dalia: please please please add The Italian Marriage to your list 🙂 It’s so GOOD!
Rebecca: Just bought the first book!
Susan: Yes, it’s very good!!
Traci: I just ran to buy it. Added it to my thousands of books I already have 🤦🏻♀️🤣
Mony: Gah, Italian! 🔥 Love those…
Mony: May see a theme here…all things Italian…😉
Mary Ann: The Italian by TL Swan and I have to tell you about it because it’s in my head and taking too much space. I believe you call it book funk! What do I read now? I know it will take at least 5 books of beginning and end before my funk will go away. This book was awesome!!! A 5 stars!!! It had twist and turns I didn’t expect.
Maryse: It’s going to be an Italian-focused Friday Finds. LOL!!
The Takeover by T L Swan was kinda magical…love the title…you’ll see why if you read the book. Best characters I’ve read in a while. 5 big ⭐!
Finished the Spotless series (Island Chaptal and The Ancient Aliens’ Treasure #5)…love that couple…adventures of a South African spy/assassin & nerdy/brave techie…quirky/banter. My favourite series of 2020. 👍💕💕
Last book was Wild Sweet Love by Beverly Jenkins…a BW/BM HR about a sassy Black Seminole woman and a hot wealthy banker…set in Philadelphia in 1860s…exceptional story telling about black history, a bit on indigenous history, in that era. 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mony: Stone Cold Kiwi by Rosalind James was absolutely fantastic…lovely doctor book boyfriend story. 5 Big ⭐!
Jan: Stone Cold Kiwi by Rosalind James… I liked book 1, Kiwi Rules, which was about a vet who’d lost part of a leg in Afghanistan. I preordered this new one 😀 She has three little red-haired kids. Her marriage has imploded. The H is a hot doctor. Looks good. I’ve holidayed in New Zealand and it’s beautiful! I enjoy books in that setting.
Amy: I just finished reading The Night Olivia Fell. It reminded me of Everything You Want Me to Be in that there was the POV of Olivia and that of her mother. It was difficult getting to know Olivia knowing what her ending was going to be. And her poor mother…oh, my heart. It’s definitely worth reading!
Linda: Happy Friday everyone!! Another recommendation The Night Olivia Fell by Christina McDonald. Kept me riveted to the very end!! LOVED IT.
Nancy: Tillie is really misunderstood. There is one straight shooter cop named Nathan Trent, that has wanted to be a police officer since age three. Nathan Trent has always followed the rules and fought for what is right. Too bad his heart was given to Tillie Coletrain years ago. Unfortunately she makes it her daily task to break every rule written…
…One Coletrain twin is trouble, but get the two of them together and a disaster is sure to follow. Add their best-friend Hannah, and triple the danger. Read this book and enjoy the shenanigans.
- MISS APPREHENDED by Miranda Elaine and Amie Knight <— NANCY ALSO 5-STARRED Book #1:
Nancy: MISS APPREHENDED is an ideal book to read if you are ready to escape the present worrisome and turbulent world we now live in.
It is a Novella filled with fun, humor, & instant-love, which also leads to a very hot love affair.
- His Apple Sauce (The Secret Sauce Series) by Frankie Love <— LIVE!! “…She’s Amish … with plenty of curves hiding behind her apron. But I want to taste more than the apple sauce she’s cooking. I want all of her. But even out here in the country, nothing’s quite as simple as it seems...”
- The Falling of Stars: A Psychological Thriller by Traci Finlay <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “...Her son, Malik Hunter, is a sophomore at Liberty whose perfect life is a perfect lie. Behind his good looks, straight A’s, and the facemask of his football helmet, Malik battles a crippling depression. But someone sees through it all. Someone who reaches out to him on LibertyNet, the school’s online intranet. Someone who seems to know Malik better than he knows himself. Someone evil. Eve believes a cyberbully may be lurking in the dark realms of LibertyNet. Malik knows there is…”
- NANCY’S OWN BLAST FROM THE PAST SELECTIONS:
Nancy: I have been enjoying books that were a Blast from the Past! Enjoying it with Maryse’s Book Blog, too! Decided to make a list of books I read during the first week of September through the years from 2011 through present day.
All books listed that I read had September 4, in common.
Whether I started reading, finished, or just was reading on that day. More than half these books were Maryse Recommendations!!
1) 2011: DARK FEVER by Karen Marie Moning
2) 2012: ON DUBLIN STREET by Samantha Young
3) 2013: ARSEN: A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher
4) 2014: PERFECTLY DAMAGED by E.L. Montes
5) 2015: MADE FOR BREAKING (The Russells Book 1) by Lauren Gilley
6) 2016: LOVERBOY (Dartmoor Book 5) by Lauren Gilley
7) 2017: GHOSTED by J.M. Darhower
8) 2018: AUSTIN: A Sexton Brothers Novel by Jeannine Colette & Lauren Runow
9) 2019: OUR SONG by Lauren Runow
10) 2020: AFTER THE FALL (The Fallen Men Book 2) by Giana Darling
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).